I had a request from my Facebook page to do a blog post on hiding bags under the eyes.
Why have I got bags? There are three reasons
- Genes; if your parents have them you may inherit them! Thanks mum and dad, all I wanted was a pony
- When you’re young, lack of sleep, lack of exercise, a diet full of salty foods and water retention can also lead to bags. If your bags are gone by lunchtime then it is probably fluid retention. You may want to use an extra pillow at night to elevate your head to reduce the swelling
- As you get older, bags under your eyes will become a more permanent fixture. It’s a natural part of aging and something we all have to come to terms with sooner or later. The reason is simple: We all have fat in our faces, and it’s held in place by ligaments and muscles. As we get older, those ligaments and muscles weaken, and everything starts to sag — making the fat more visible
So apart from cosmetic surgery what else can we do? Well we reach for the makeup bag.
The rule of thumb is to conceal the shadow that the bag creates, rather than the actual bag itself.
This is how I would approach hiding bags underneath the eyes
1. Prep the skin with a primer
2. Apply foundation over entire face (including the eye bag)
3. With a cream concealer, a shade or two lighter than your skin tone, place/dot along in the shadow/crease of the bag. Blend outwards and upwards towards the outer corner of your eye, towards the temple
4. Place a dot of concealer in the inner corner of your eye and blend this downwards, (this will highlight this area and draw attention away from the bag. See my last post about highlight and contouring
5. Dust a highlighter along your cheekbone (not bag), again brushing outwards and upwards towards the outer corner of the eye, towards your temples
6. Put some lip gloss on and away you go.
Hope you find this blog post helpful? Please let me know in the comments or on my Facebook page if you have any requests for more makeup tips
I was kindly nominated for the 2018 Wedding Industry Awards for another year running by my bridal clients. After the awards ceremony whereby I was a runner up I was sent the comments from my brides who voted for me. The voting consists of questions about contacting me, responsiveness, how the trial went, how I was on the actual wedding day, how the look fared etc. I was sent the feedback from two of the questions set by the TWIA judging panel. Please read some of the amazing comments from my brides - thank you for letting me part of your wonderful days, I do love being part of your wedding and helping you look your most gorgeous self on one of the most important days of your life.
I have recently moved from Hertfordshire to Hampshire and wanted to let you know my new local wedding venues that are close to me in the Hampshire Surrey area. From rustic barn venues to castles and stately homes; there's a venue to suit all tastes and requirements. My closest venues under 10 miles from me are;
Froyle Park 3 miles
Gilbert White & Oates Collection 3.5 miles
Bury Court Barn 4 miles
Northbrook House 7 miles
Frensham Heights 7 miles
Cain Manor 7 miles
Farnham House Hotel 8 miles
Audleys Wood Hotel 8 miles
Wedding makeup trials are the start of a brides journey to find the right makeup artist for her big day. In this blog post I wanted to show photographs taken from a bridal makeup trial. I take before and after photographs during the trial to show the bride what can be achieved. I also like to be totally honest in my services and using a digital camera with a lighting system shows up 'everything' however if the makeup looks good this close up and under bright lighting, you can ensure your makeup will look beautiful on your big day.
My makeup products what do they contain? I wanted to answer questions that many of my clients are frequently requesting on their initial contact with me. I have created a list of products that I have researched in regards to their components and ethical status. The list is not exhaustive and I will continue to review with new products I come into contact with and use.
I was greatly looking forward to this wedding in Hertfordshire and seeing Anya and her family again. I had the pleasure of meeting Anya and her sister at The Luxury Wedding Show held at Sopwell House in St Albans back in January. Anya was soon in touch after the fair after meeting me in person and we organised a date for her trial. The trial was such a lovely girly event as I made up Anya, her sister and mother, who all loved their makeup.
Lets appreciate correctly applied false eyelashes
It is a personal pet hate of mine, seeing strip eyelashes not applied correctly or seeing too much glue on the tops of the lashes. If applied correctly the strip lash should be flush against the top lash line from inner corner of the eye to the outer. I do appreciate it is difficult for MUA's to get this right every time as sometimes the clients eyes water or they have jittery eyes. Yet it is best to get the strip in place whilst the glue is still drying and has pliability.
Being nominated by a past bridal client for The Wedding Industry Awards is such an honour, I love receiving the feedback from my clients and when they value your service, this gives me great job satisfaction. Knowing you have helped and supported a person on one of the most important days of their lives is enough for me but being publicly recognised is truly an honour
A quintessentially traditional English summer wedding in Denham, Buckinghamshire. I had the pleasure of making up the bride, Hannah and her mother in the initimate surroundings of Hannah's childhood home. The morning was extreamly relaxed and Hannah wanted her trademark eyeliner flicks, flawless skin and soft pink lips for her bridal look
The Event of the Year
A New Year's Eve wedding, what a good idea, everyone has the next day off, all your friends and loved ones are with you and no New Year's Eve wedding is an anti climax....it is the start of new beginnings for the married couple, with their plans and aspirations for the year ahead as they make their way into the New Year as a married couple.
I will be at The Grove exhibiting for a wedding fair taking place on the 19th February 2017 between 11am and 3pm. The wedding fair is being organised by Luxury Wedding Show and if you register online using discount code LWS2017 and save £5 per person and attend for free.